Career counselling is intended to assist individuals at every age and stage of their life to make choices about education, further studies and occupations.
This service is not only offered to school leavers and graduates – adults also benefit tremendously from this service.
The career counselling process typically includes the following:
- Initial consultation with the client;
- The test battery (psychometric tests such as personality, interest and ability tests are administered);
- Scoring and interpretation of test results and development of report containing recommendations; and
- Feedback session with client.
The Beyond Consulting approach to career counselling will benefit you by providing you with 3 sources of information that are essential in your career decision making process:
Educational and occupational knowledge
Career counselling for learners:
There have been dramatic changes in the school curriculum over the last few years. It is not a secret that subject choice at schools has a big influence on one’s career choice.
Psychometric tests and career counselling helps learners to identify the careers that they will enjoy and perform well in because of the fact that the learner has:
- The natural ability to perform that specific job;
- The personality profile that will complement the job; and
- A specific interest in the job.
Learners need to choose subjects at school that will open doors for them in terms of suitable career paths. Most learners need career guidance/counselling in order to achieve this.
Career counselling for adults:
- Career planning – It will assist you to plan your career realistically
- Suitability of occupational choice – It will help you to find the right position where you as person will be productive and happy in your career so that you can perform at your best
- Need for broadening skills and/or experience – It will help you to see if you will benefit from broadening your skills and/or experience in order to ensure that you will find a suitable position
What are your next steps?
You have already taken the first step towards a more fulfilling life by considering the options available to you. If you decide that career counselling is the right option for you, contact me by e-mail or telephone or alternatively complete the contact form to get the process started.
Tip! Mouse over the text in blue to get more information