Psychometric Assessment & Testing
“Psychometric” means “mind measurement” and gives the Psychologist the opportunity to obtain information which is not obtainable in any other manner (i.e. by an interview). Psychometric testing has been found to be the most successful method of predicting future performance.
Beyond Corporate Consulting Inc. makes use of psychometric tests which are classified by the HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) as psychometric instruments and are guided by the ethical principles of the HPCSA.
The selection of psychometric assessment instruments is based on the purpose and requirements of the assessment. There are thousands of options available in terms of the selection of psychometric assessment instruments.
Psychometric Assessment Battery and Uses:
Psychometric assessment are typically used for the following purposes (to name a few of the uses):
- Team Building;
- Career and Personal Development; and
- Career Counselling.
Beyond Corporate Consulting Inc. most commonly make use of the following types of assessments:
- Aptitude or ability tests
- Aim to measure an individual’s competence and intellectual capabilities as well as logical and analytical reasoning (including verbal and analytical reasoning abilities).
- Personality questionnaires
- These explore aspects such as the way in which individual’s do things, how individuals behave in certain circumstances as well as preferences and attitudes.
- Emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Measures an individual’s ability to understand emotions (their own and others’) as well as their ability to establish and maintain healthy relationships.
- Interest questionnaires
- Used to measure an individual’s interest areas i.e. career interests.
- Integrity testing
- Used to measure an individual’s level of integrity in order to make predictions on future behaviour and/or develop Integrity on an individualistic or corporate basis.
- RISK assessment
- Used to measure an individual’s perception of risk and their ability to manage it.
Please contact us to discuss your unique requirements and to obtain your customized assessment battery and quotation.